Sunday, May 31, 2015

More Ricotta Please


I'm having a mid trip crisis I think. I dug myself into a hole during this 100 year winter in Boston and I have finally remembered what fun is again. Being in this place gives me the same feeling as being in love. Its exciting at every turn. Invigorating. Nurturing and nerve racking all at the same time. I want it to last forever.

We did so much this weekend. We ate the best Ricotta cheese ever and meat made and prepared by shepards in Nuoro, Orgosolo. We saw street murals in the main city center. I decided to start a knife collection and bought two knives at the market, conquered a mountain and was healed by the sea.

Nuoro, Orgosolo
Artist's Opinion on American-Vietnam War

Celebrating
When I got to the top of Supra Monte, the first thing that went through my mind was "how am I going to get down now?" A direct result of the lazy city life I live in Boston. My legs are still sore by the way.

Danielle and I are both city girls so we stuck together through the hike and I don't know if I enjoyed the hike as much I enjoyed the hilarious moment.

"Whoaaaa!"
"Dima what? What is it did you see something?!"
"Nothing nothing I just slipped on a rock."
"What rock?! Dima there's no way we can climb up this."
"D we definitely can, come on let's get there we'll be so mad if we don't see what's up there."
"You're right, alright."
"OOOOOP!"
"What?!"
"Nothing I tripped."
"Dima!"


The way back down was much easier. We got down and saw this awing sunset. The kind that makes your heart warm and cheeks tense.

We had some delicious pasta and rabbit for dinner. Took a shower and gazed at the night sky. The stars glowing in our eyes.

We're so fond of nature here.

The next day our time in nature was even better. It was refreshing.


The road to the beach was rough, so rough that I got sick when we arrived to the port where we were to take a boat to a Grotto and beaches on the gulf of Orosei. My mood was shot. I could not focus on anything for a very long time. Even though the way looked like this:

Orosei

I went through the Grotto and the tour guide gave a very good explanation of its sea lion history and the stalagmites from the ground joined to the stalactites in the ceiling but I might as well have had my eyes closed because of the severe state of queasiness I was experiencing.

When we got to the second beach, it was filled with pebbles pink and white. The water turquoise.

Our boat docking (photo by Anna Murphy)

 I sat and opened my book up, I needed to just take my mind off my current state. Then I heard the other kids laughing and cheering. They were jumping off boulders, giggling and singing in the sea. I was suddenly slapped out of my mood and ventured to go join in on their joy. We made it up a massive boulder that nearly tore the bottom of our feet up. We all stood a foot away from each other. I held Maggie's hand. We counted down from four (no reason in particular) in unison:

"4" - Laughter
"3" - Hesitation
"2" - Ready
"1" - Jump





No comments:

Post a Comment