Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Thoughts at 5 O'clock

Blue. Green. Red. Everything. I see the whole spectrum (but actually though). I don't even know what the beach we went to today was called actually. The water was just jaw dropping. If only I could live in this picture forever. 


I'm writing to you now live from the bus. We are passing by some stunning scenery here.




What's so enchanting about this island is that you can see the mountains while you are on the beach. Watching over you like a patient mother. They'll be here long after we're all gone. Or will they?

As we drive past all this natural beauty all of sudden giant eyesores come into focus. Like this industrial zone with structures unnatural to the mountain and the tree just placed amongst them like a foreigner. We put that foreigner there. Granted it provides electricity that keeps us warm and let's us microwave our popcorn but I wonder how many trees were torn down to provide this space. Trees that provide something we need way more than popcorn. 



Even though this land is relatively still taken care of compared to what's going on in some countries around the world. I can still see the signs of mistreatment by the plastic wrappers in that beautiful turquoise crystal water. The water that can invigorate your senses and lengthen your life when you're in it. And we still are alright with throwing our own filth into it. Filth that it knows not what to do with. 

Mama Earth has been through so much. Stephen Hawking thinks that in order for the human race to continue to survive in the future we will need to find another planet capable of housing life. Isn't that crazy? Our actions may literally make this planet inhabitable one day. Animals are going extinct. What animals will be on the next planet? I still want my lions and elephants and rhinos. I want my Sardinian flamingos! Maybe we can bring them to the next planet. 

I'm so glad I know now how our waste is handled because that's the best way to keep Earth alright. We need to take care of her and try to not hurt her so she can be beautiful for as long as possible.

So Annalisa even though today was not a technical visit technically, I still had the environment on my mind. Thanks for a great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment